Acting for Radio
Radio & Voiceovers
Course Location Avondale
Course Length One Week, Full Time
Home/EU andInternational Fees £500 (£150 non-refundable deposit)
Start Date tbc
Led by highly experienced directors and producers the Italia Conti intensive Radio Course is aimed at those who want to develop both the technical and organic skills required to communicate individual performances for radio.
Working primarily within the academy’s 24 track recording studio with computerized editing suite, you will undertake exercises to improve your vocal technique. You will record a variety of contrasting material under simulated professional recording conditions. This will include dramatic texts for radio and animation, as well as a wide range of promotional and advertising scripts.
All students will receive cd material at the end of the course which may be suitable for personal voice demo purposes.
The course will focus on you as an individual and help you to fulfil your potential as an emerging artist and will cover some of the following:
- Analyse and perform high quality recordings of drama and comedy for radio
- Voice-over work
- Radio commercials
- Narrative text – book readings
- Classical Text
- Use of cue lights, headphones and different types of microphone
- The use of accents and voice qualities to distinguish between different roles
- Familiarity of technical terminology associated with radio production
- The roles of the key members of an average radio crew
- Studio discipline and procedures
- Sight reading
- Auditioning for Radio